Suicide Bomb Attack at Shopping District in Istanbul Leaves 4 deadA suicide bomb attack which occurred this morning at a busy shopping area in the Turkish city of Istanbul has left at least four people dead, BBC reports.

The attack which also left about 20 people gravely injured took place at the central shopping district which is said to be usually crowded at weekends.

Turkey has been experiencing a number of bombings since last year. In October 2015, more than 100 people were killed in a double-suicide bombing at a Kurdish peace rally in Ankara and last Sunday, 37 people were killed during an attack in the capital.

Another bomb attack occurred last month on a military convoy which took away the lives of 28 people and wounded dozens more.

The Islamic State (IS) and Kurdish rebel group TAK have claimed responsibility for the attack, stating that the attacks were in revenge for Turkish military operations against Kurds.

Local media report claims that 3 Israeli tourists were among those injured in today’s bombing and the Israeli foreign ministry have confirmed Israelis were wounded, but they are yet to give a number.

Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said terror groups are targeting civilians because they are losing their struggle against Turkish security forces. Apart from Turkey being  part of the US-led coalition against IS,  the country has also been carrying out a campaign of bombardment against Syrian Kurdish fighters of the People’s Protection Units (YPG), which it regards as a extension of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK).

Last summer, a two-year-old ceasefire broke down between Turkey and the PKK  and since then, more than 340 members of Turkey’s security forces have been killed along with at least 300 Kurdish fighters and more than 200 civilians.

Source: BBC

To Receive Latest Music, Video & News Updates , Add Us To Your WhatsApp: 08035927807; BBM Pin: D1C43241