In Photos: 8 Things You should know about Late Davido’s Friend, DJ Olu
Who was DJ Olu? one of three friends of Davido who was found dead in his car on Saturday, 7th of October barely a week after Tagbo’s death.
Here are eight things you probably didn’t know about the popular DJ
1. DJ Olu, born Oluwagbemiga Abiodun, is the son of Nigerian businessman Dapo Abiodun, the CEO of Heyden Petroleum.
2. He was a graduate of the University of Essex.3. He started off as an underground DJ in 2010 while studying for his “A” levels in England. After DJing and headlining numerous parties across the country, It didn’t take long for him to get noticed.
4. In June 2011 he was signed as the official DJ for Davido’s HKN record label.
6. In early 2014, Olu embarked on a single man tour in UK and Canada, selling all shows out, which was the first leg of tour.
7. He has played venues in South Africa, Ivory coast, Ghana, Cotonou, Dubai, Miami, Atlanta and numerous cities in the UK. His mixtapes include some of the hottest artists from the scene. Olu was able to mix different genre of music e.g hip-hop, funky, bashment, afrobeat, oldies to create a unique sound.