Nigerian Players Suffers Food Poisoning After Eating ‘Semo’ And ‘Egusi’ | PHOTOS
It was gathered that the players began complaining of stomach pain and tiredness, after their dinner which was a meal of ‘semo’ and ‘Egusi’.
The Sky Blue Blue stars team’s secretary, Michael Onikute, confirmed the incident, and claimed that the affected players, as well as club officials, are already receiving medical attention.
“It’s such a disastrous incident we have prepared well for the game against Ifeanyi Ubah,”
“The players were resting after their dinner which was a meal of semovita and egusi – only to get a call that they are in pain and we had to rush them to the Ikenne Health Centre.
“13 players were affected as well as the goalkeeper trainer and media officer. It is sad this is happening to us on the eve of a vital match against Ifeanyi Uba,”
Affected players were rushed down to Ikenne health center as the team doctor, Mr James, is currently treating some players ensuring they get fluids in other not to suffer from dehydration while others are being monitored to ensure they recover from this health casualty.
Meanwhile, the League Management Company have subsequently announced the indefinite postponement of the match following complaints from the home team.
See more Photos: