6 questions begging for answers over Buhari’s relocation of Villa Chapel, Mosque
As controversy continues to trail the purported relocation of the Aso Villa Chapel and perhaps the Villa Mosque by President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigerians have continued to express mixed reactions over the plan.
File photo: Worship in the Aso Villa Chapel
Vanguard investigation revealed that the Presidency has come under intense pressure over its plan to relocate the Villa Chapel, which according to findings was deliberately built by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, close to his official residence, so that he could enjoy worship and prayers from the comfort of his bedroom.
But since President Buhari is of another faith, it was said that the relocation has become necessary.
However, given that prelude to relocating the Chapel, the Children’s church, which forms part of the Villa Chapel, has allegedly been shut and some rooms, converted to shops for storing food items, 6 questions begging for answers are therefore:
1. What is the distance of the chapel to the President’s bedroom?
2. Is the President’s bedroom not sound-proof and bullet proof?
3. Are external speakers used by the Chapel and Mosque?
4. Is worship held in the Chapel and Mosque daily?
5. For the Mosque, which was built by former Military President, Ibrahim Babaginda, why wasn’t it moved by five successive administrations of former Head of States, Sanni Abacha, Abdulsalami Abubakar; former Presidents Olusegun Obasanjo, Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Goodluck Jonathan.
6. For the Chapel, which was built by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, why wasn’t it moved by his successor, Late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, who himself was of another faith.
VanguardTo Receive Latest Music, Video & News Updates , Add Us To Your WhatsApp: 08035927807; BBM Pin: D1C43241